We use your personal data to assist us in answering your enquiry and to provide you with information about our services. We also process your personal data in order to provide you with the services that you have requested.
- We respect your personal data and take its security very seriously.
- We only hold what data we need for the purpose for which we obtained it.
- We delete your data when it has reached the end of its retention period.
- You have privacy rights.
- We are happy to answer your questions. Our contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
- We will not share your information with any other party other than those required to fulfil our legitimate business interest with you.
For an enquiry or for a quote that you do not accept, we will process your name, email details and contact information.
If you obtain services from us, we will process your name, address, email and contact details and payment information.
If you obtain a service from us then unless you contact us to opt-out you consent to receive our marketing information. We may hold your contact details indefinitely.
If you obtain services from us or request a quote, we will process your name, address, email address in order to send you a marketing email.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing information, then we will process your name and email address so that we don't market to you again.
How we use your personal data
References to the legal basis for processing of your personal data (e.g. "(Basis: Art. 6(f).)") are a reference to the article of the General Data Protection Regulation. Each piece of personal data that we process must have a legal basis.
To deal with enquiries or for a quote that you do not accept
If you call us or email us, we will follow up on your enquiry and see if there is a way in which we can help you. We may keep data after answering an enquiry if you do not choose to become a client unless you contact us to opt out.
If you provide us with information for a quote and then do not accept the quotation, we will keep a record of your enquiry.
(Basis: Art. 6(b): we need to use your details to follow up with you and this processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Art. 6(f): business planning is a legitimate activity for a business.)
If you obtain services from us
In order to fulfil the contract for our services, we will need to process your personal data, which we will retain for seven years due to HMRC requirements.
(Basis: Art. 6(b): processing is necessary for the performance of a contract)
We would like to send you information about our services and will send you this unless you choose to opt out.
If you buy from us or have a quote from us, we will send you information about similar services. Our processing in this case is without your consent but you can always opt out at any time.
If you do opt out of marketing, we will destroy your data so that you will not receive any further marketing communications.
(Basis: Art. 6(1)(a): you have consented to the processing of your personal data for this purpose. Art. 6(f): sending you information about products similar to those which you have purchased is a legitimate activity for a business; keeping a record of those who have opted out of marketing is a legitimate interest for a business.)
We use the logs from our servers to help with our company's security as well as to look at visitor behaviour (e.g. which website pages get the most traffic or are the most popular).
(Basis: Art. 6(c): we have a legal obligation to protect the data of our clients and our staff. Art. 6(f): strategy planning is a legitimate activity for a business.)
Your data and transfers outside of the EEA
We do not transfer or process any data outside the European Economic Area.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data, which are:
- To access your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK's Information Commissioner's Office.
As a prospective customer, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties at this stage except the following:
- Companies that provide services to us. Our telephone service providers will get to see your phone number if we call you and our broadband supplier could see your email address (but not the content of what you send us, if you encrypt it).
As a customer, we transfer your data, excluding payment details to the following third parties:
- Cloud service providers. We use a number of cloud service providers, for example our email providers, Google and Office 365.
- It is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose your information in response to a court order. If you do not pay your bills, we may choose to engage a third party to recover any money you owe us.
We do not record phone calls.
This is the length of time that we will continue to process or store your personal data.
Data about prospective clients: retention for the duration of the enquiry and thereafter for 10 years.
Data about clients – seven years for HMRC and accounting purposes
Marketing purposes – for as long as you consent to receive marketing information
Nectar Group Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Nectar Group Limited
1 Ashton Gate